Thursday, September 3, 2015

PoP Box August 2015 Unboxing & Review - LAUNCH BOX!


Hey everyone!

Long time no unbox!

Today I'm here with a BRAND NEW unboxing of a BRAND NEW company! This is the first ever box from PoP box :D
Here's what was inside!

The Contents ♥



1. Candle from Candle Jewels, with a range of many delicious scents  (RRP $12 for six sample cups, so $2. here



Silly me thought it was a full sized jewellery candle from the spoiler post! I actually didn't see the post from the sneak peek on their official page, but on a different subscription box group. I've since tried to find the post and I cannot. So I can't tell if they actually originally guaranteed a full size candle and deleted the post, or if I didnt read it properly. Oh well.
I also struggled to find the website to the "Candle Jewels", as the information card didn't provide any links to their social media. Would probably be a good idea in future!



2. Beauty Blender tool (color selected randomly) ♥ (RRP $1 here

Arghhh. Sorry, I'm not at all a fan of these eBay beauty blenders. I tried to like the one I already have but I don't - it absorbs so much product and although the application looks okay, they're just not gentle on the skin and I'd prefer to use a brush or my hands over one of these. + the gross bug video...



3. Innisfree - Korean Facial Mask Sheet ♥ (RRP $1.74 here)



YESSSSS! Give me all the masks! Innisfree! It's really nice to see a Korean Beauty item in here! I didn't expect it at all :D I'll definitely use this - everyone loves a mask :D


4. Assortment of Rings ♥ (RRP $1.10 for all five in a set here)


Ahh, they're nice rings, I'm just disappointed because I have so many of these kinds of rings from eBay. I most likely won't wear them, but they're nice to have. 

5. Me Now - Brow Pencil and Brush ♥ (RRP $0.70 here )



After being unable to find this item on eBay, my next thought was AliExpress. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against buying off eBay and Aliexpress at all - the product seems nice and very pigmented, and my current eyebrow pencil was $1 from ebay and looks extremely adorable too! Just very disappointing value in a $30 box I suppose.

6. Handmade Soap - Lil Creations by Rach ♥ (RRP $6 for 150g... so $3? here )



Not sure how to price this one! I don't have a scale to weigh this soap, but it does look thinner than the one that retails for $6. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say it's about half that, so $3. 

This soap smells AMAZING! Watermelon lemonade, just my cup of tea. It's a beautiful soap and I think this is more what subscrption boxes should be about - finding and discovering new brands and stores to fall in love with :D


7. Maybelline - Colour Show Nail Polish  (RRP $5.95 here)


The colour is so beautiful! I can't wait to try it out on my nails. I haven't had a go with Maybelline's Color Show Formula despite owning a few already.

8. ELF - All over colour stick (colour selected at random) (RRP $3 here )



I love ELF! I got a shade pretty close to my skin tone (thank gosh), so I'm glad to be able to use this. I guess for a small company I would have expected them to ask for shade information or allow a colour choice, since it's not like it's too much of a hassle to order specific colours for a few people as opposed to a large customer base.

Value in TOTAL?

$18.54. Shipping would have been another $8. 


My Overall Thoughts?

I do think it's quite disappointing that for $35, the most expensive item in the box was a Maybelline nail polish worth $6. I do have a high standard for my boxes though, but I don't think I'll be buying a PoP box again any time soon unless I see some improvements from other people's unboxings.

PoP box in general seems to lack a general aim or focus - looking at their website, I don't see any particular aim like other boxes. Most subscription boxes do aim to allow their customers to discover new brands and products they would not have tried otherwise, which I don't feel like is really the aim of this particular box.

HOWEVER, it still is a decent selection of items, and it is only the launch box - there is definitely room for improvement but the box did ship out when it was supposed to, there was tracking provided, and I know that there will people who will still be genuinely happy with this box and happy to discover these items they would not have been able to try otherwise.

I think the box would also be well-presented with the cute purple thingies and the nice box with window idea.

As always, my unboxing video~




Have you entered my giveaway for the full set of Bangkok Masks? CLICK HERE TO ENTER~

It's easy and free!

What box should I do next?

Want to check out other boxes? See my Master Post of Australian Subscription boxes here

With lots of love,

pynkbunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment