Friday, March 20, 2015

SensatioNail Fuse Gelnamel Starter Kit: A How-To-Use & Review!

Hi everyone!

Long time no blog - today's post is going to be a little different - I recently acquired this Fuse Gelnamel in a swap and I thought I would talk about it :)

♥ What is the Fuse Gelnamel starter kit?
It claims to contain all the accessories you need for the "best of gel into into an all-in-one formula... So say goodbye to that base and top coat!  You're covered – literally – with just one coat.  After 30 quick seconds in the Fuse LED lamp you've got megawatt shine that lasts.  This is this real deal.  And, it looks fab all week."

Three bold claims...

♥ How to use your kit:


♥ Here's what you get inside...



1. An instruction booklet
2. Micro usb cable
3. Powerplug
4. Fuse cleanser
5. Lint-free wipes
6. Fuse nail polish (you get one in the kit!)
7. The LED lamp!

You also get a nail buffer that wasn't included for me unfortunately - using any should be fine :)

♥ The result?


This picture actually makes my nails look good!

Some things that surprised me... 
♥ This full process took a lot longer than what I expected it to take - 61 minutes (yes I timed it for you guys! :P) This is because there was the tedious process of buffing, cleansing, applying nail polish and then blasting it with the UV. I feel like this will get quicker if I just practice, but...
♥ When you apply the polish too thickly, you feel the heat from the UV lamp. So for some nails, I applied one coat, blasted it with the lamp, and then applied a second one. So this "one coat" miracle isn't really... At least in my experience!
♥ The step where you push back your cuticles is extremely important... I learnt the hard way that it feels like your cuticles are on fire when you place your nail in and you turn it on with your cuticles exposed!
♥ The finish... is actually a lot like the professional shellac/gel manicures that you see! Of course it's not nearly as nice, but it's relatively cheap and convenient and doable from your own home.
♥ Lasting power: two of my nails chipped on day 2. So much fail, hahaha.



Look at that huge chip on the middle finger D:

My overall impressions:
I really wanted to like this, but I'm currently very much on the fence about it. This is mainly because of the amount of time it took to do this whole process.
♥ Someone can easily argue that an hour for a full manicure is really good! And it can only get faster from here. I would argue that with a normal manicure, you are only really painting your nails for five minutes tops per coat - most of the time you spend is waiting for the polish to dry. Using the Fuse Gelnamel kit takes CONCENTRATION - I was on the phone while doing my nails so I would have preferred to have just been waiting for them to dry.
♥ The kit is quite expensive, and extra polishes are also expensive... You can get a starter kit for $50. Cheap compared to other competitors out there, but the price per extra polish is $15. With $15 I could buy a new full-sized OPI! (Which I would personally prefer!)
♥ I was impressed with the almost professional-looking finish, but not with the semi-transparent coverage. It's a bit transparent/streaky, which might have to do with my application, but even then I tried to double up on coats to make up for it and you can still see the white of my nail if you are paying close enough attention to them. This can't be seen in the picture, but can be seen in person.
♥ There is the small health risk in blasting your fingers/hands with UV... I wouldn't be even slightly concerned if I hadn't felt the scorch in my cuticles. I'm not exaggerating when I say scorch by the way - it was quite uncomfortable!



Would I recommend the product? 
I would! To someone who:
♥ paints their nails at home regularly
♥ enjoy the process of painting their nails
♥ prefer the finish of gel/shellac
♥ likes to paint their nails in a small range of colours/one colour

Unfortunately for me though, I love experimenting with a large range of crazy colours!
I also don't like the finish - the polish is very thin and I feel like my nail is very "exposed" if that makes sense... That might only be me, I love putting on a good 2-3 coats and topcoating! Which I am not supposed to do with this kit.
I personally would give this product a miss - maybe my opinion of it will change as I use it more, but here's my first impressions...

I will give this an update on chipping etc as the week progresses :)

Thanks for reading guys!

Lots of ♥,

pynkbunny


No comments:

Post a Comment