Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Bellabox May 2015 Unboxing & Review

Hi everyone!

Today's post will be a little different - I have a damn bad case of influenza and so when I tried to shoot my unboxing video I was coughing all over the place and my voice sounded quite icky!

So I'll just have a really detailed post instead :P



Here were this month's contents!

The box actually looks a little empty, but the little items are still packing a punch in value! Let's take a look at the info card..



1. Chella Cinnamon Highlighter Pencil (RRP $24.95, Available for $15 at Bellabox store)



I don't contour, but I really should!

Chella was the spoiler brand and I love the one Chella product I tried (an eyebrow pencil from a Violetbox a while ago) so I'm excited to try to learn to contour!

Bellabox even included this neato contouring guide on the back of the info card!

This card is cute enough for me to hang on my beauty wall for reference :)

(I usually keep all my info cards in a stack, it's a very thick stack but eventually I'll decorate my walls with all of them! mhahaha! ^^)

Even if it's unlikely I'll actually make good use of this item, it's an item I don't have anything of, so I'm happy to try it.


2. Eye of Horus Goddess Pencil in Olive (RRP $30)



A $30 eye pencil?! Bellabox is seriously spoiling us this month!

Eyeliner is something every subscription box veteran has too much of, but it's an addiction. For me at least. :D I love trying new eyeliner and comparing it and I have a hard time destashing it when I know I should. Silly me.

It's a beautiful black ("dark olive" - you know a brand is fancy when black becomes "dark olive" - the whole gold and black colour scheme also gives that away) with gold shimmers in it. The texture is so smooth and creamy! I don't actually have an eyeliner like it - unfortunately where I swatched it on my hand faded significantly after just four hours.



It was hard to take a picture that showed the glitters so this one is blurry!

If you have oily lids this product might not be for you 



3. Impulse Romantic Spark (Sample)



Funnily enough I think I'm more likely to use this than the above two products.

The spray is teensy and convenient to just throw into your purse on the go! It smells nice and works for those little touch ups like when you feel self conscious about feeling gross :) My current little spray perfume is at like 10times larger than this one and I often worry it'll spill in my purse or something, so this will be put to good use! Hooray for useful samples!

4. Chapstick Cookies and Cream (RRP $5)





I'm a lipbalm addict. I have so many damn lip balms and I have NEVER emptied a lip balm in my life. (I'm close to emptying my Pure Smile Mixed Fruits, but only because I went and bought a backup and I needed to justify that purchase. I digress)

So I was so excited to see this! Cookies and cream is my second favourite ice cream flavour. Not only that, we're one of the first to try out this Chapstick - no kidding! I did a quick internet search and the only website that even mentions it is Bellabox.

BB, why you so good to us this month???

I opened it up and smelled it and it smelled delicious. Then I took a sanitary lip brush and actually applied it to my lips and it didn't taste as good =( Tasted like chapstick to be honest. But the smell is still amazing and exactly like cookies and cream. Since I have so much lip balm I might give this one away/swap this away though. 

5. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisture Rich Night Cream


Wow! A palmer's sample I'm actually very keen on using!

Contains Shea Butter, Retinol AND Aloe?! 

We all love those ingredients, Shea Butter is a deep moisturiser and Retinol is an active ingredient known for its anti-aging properties... But how far are these up the ingredient list?

Not very... It seems..


Either way I'm excited to give it a try =D



Bonus: J Bronze Tanning Cream


NOPE I have a bunch of these already and nothing to do with these  - next!



Overall...

A really good box with over $60 worth in items! $60 is in full sized items alone, which is damn impressive for Bellabox.

You even have 3/6 of the items fitting with the theme of "Sugar Fix" - Cinnamon, Cookies and Cream, Cocoa! ^__^ Even the perfume smells kind of sweet... okay that might be a bit of a stretch haha!

Most other months have like one item fitting the theme max, so I'm impressed!

GOOD JOB BELLABOX. YOU'RE DOING OKAY. MAYBE ONE DAY YOU'LL BE A REALLY GREAT BOX. 

For now I just pay the $15 expecting only a blue cardboard box and a few products I might want to use. My expectations are so low this box really impressed me. Congratulations Bellabox.


until next time guys!

xoxo pynkbunny

No comments:

Post a Comment