Saturday, May 30, 2015

My Maybelline Baby Lips Collection - & Why I love them!

Hi everyone!

I am going to talk about a line of products that are by no means new - but I want my 2c out there anyway :) 

It's the Maybelline Baby Lips! This is my own personal collection of them:


I'm going to admit, what inspired this post was a good friend of mine going through my humble cosmetic pouch this week. 

She was enjoying herself, pulling out items and asking what things were, when near the end she pulls out two of my baby lips and throws me a confused look.

"Athy, do you really need two of these?"

In short, my answer is no - I need AT LEAST EIGHT OF THESE.

I'm going to go through them one by one!



1. Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Glow Mixed Berry

- Very subtle pink tint
- Smells like blueberries! (in my opinion)
- Very moisturising, no greasy/stickiness
- SPF20
The tint is so subtle I don't really consider it when reaching for this one. The main reason I would reach for this one is because this packaging is one of the pinker ones. :P

2. Maybelline Baby Lips in 04 Orange
This was my first ever Baby Lips and I've almost hit pan on it. :(
- No tint
- Love the smell/taste! (Oranges are my favourite - smells like "artificial" orange, like chuppa chupps for example.)
- Did a remarkable job - since this was my first baby lips, it was the one that made me feel in love with the moisturising formula ^^
- No SPF
My favourite to reach for when I'm at home because of the flavour! :D 

3. Maybelline Baby Lips in Lychee Addict
- No tint
- Smells nice, but not like lychee
- SPF20
- Very moisturising, no greasy/stickiness
I don't use this one very much to be honest.

4. Maybelline Baby Lips Love Colour in Berry Crush
- Lovely tint that is quite buildable - despite looking red in the tube, the colour on lips is more of a deep pink
- Smell/scent is tolerable, but I'm not a fan of berries. 
- SPF20
- I don't actually feel like this one is as moisturising as the ones I've talked about so far. I don't know if anyone else has had similar complaints, but I do reach for this one for the pigment and it definitely does not do a comparable job in moisturising my lips. 
I use this as a lip balm when I'm going to be wearing darker lipsticks because I think it really helps!

5. Maybelline Baby Lips Love Colour in Pink Lolita
- Lovely tint that is very buildable - the colour is as cute as it looks in the tube / as the name suggests! I love the pigmentation - it's perfect for softer looks with lighter pink and healthy looking lips.
- I don't notice the scent much - I think it's fruity?
- SPF16
- Decently moisturising! Not as good as the transparent ones, but not as terrible as the Berry Crush. 
This one is my favourite. It's usually in my purse because it's great for lazy little me - one swipe with this and I don't even feel like I need lipstick or lipgloss because my lips look made up. Even with eyeliner, primer and concealer I feel happy with just this lipbalm on - it's the perfect pigmentation for me and I love the colour.

6. Baby Lips Electropop in Oh Orange
- Meh pigmentation - it's pretty sheer. Like most orange tints, it doesn't actually show up as orange, but instead just gives your lips that Korean healthy look that orange does. It's kind of buildable!
- Smells more like actual oranges than the transparent orange one I talked about! Not so much the artifical scent. I really like it but it's rather subtle compared to the other orange baby lips. 
- No SPF
- Not as moisturising as the transparent ones, but it's passable. The electropop range in general doesn't "feel" as moisturising when you apply it - you can't feel that nice protective layer I suppose.
I like to use this one before I apply my Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain in Rendezvous. Kind of to prime my lips with something a bit orange before going the whole way. It does a good job of that!
By itself it does a good job of just adding a natural, healthier look to your lips. 

7. Baby Lips Electropop in Pink Shock
This is a slightly more pigmented, slightly more moisturising, no SPF version of Maybelline Baby Lips Love Colour in Berry Crush. I'd argue it also has cuter packaging.
I don't have any strong feelings about it and don't use it much, but I'll probably start reaching for it once I hit pan on my Love Colour in Berry Crush.

8. Baby Lips Electropop in Berry Bomb
- Meh pigmentation, quite sheer - yet having said that, it's purple so it's still obvious applied.
- Another berry scent :( I'm sure it's appealing to most people! I find it okay.
- No SPF
- Again, not as moisturising as its predecessors, but still does the job.
I reach for this when I want to build up to a purple!


So here's the verdict...

All of them:
- Glide on smoothly
- Do at least an okay job of moisturising
- Are very affordable! $4 each at priceline, but you can always get them at a 40% off sale ;)
- Smell nice, and have different scents
- Have adorable packaging



These three are good for:
- Moisturising with no colour
- SPF20 (Except the orange one!)


These three are good for:
- Building up to other lip products. I personally wouldn't wear these alone because they aren't flattering to me, but for some of you guys it might be.



These two are good for:
- Wearing standalone. That's why these two are often in my purse!

And that's why you need these eight baby lips guys. 

I SUPPORT ALL YOUR BUYING DECISIONS. GO FORTH AND BUY YOURSELF ONE! I don't think you'll regret it! ^_^ And it's so cheap even if you do regret it, haha.

I hope this review was helpful and of course, all opinions are my own and what works for me might not work for you!

I don't know if other people also use these baby lips to prepare their lips for lipstick colours - do you do that? ^_^

until next time guys!

xx pynkbunny



1 comment: